Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Selected to the Informatics All-Star Team!

This past week I was awarded with a gratifying honor. I was named by Modern Healthcare magazine as one of the Top 25 Clinical Informaticists in the US. I am truly honored to be among this group, which I view as a kind of all-star team for clinical informatics. I am also grateful to OHSU student Paul DeMuro who nominated me for the honor.

Unfortunately, the article describing the awardees in detail is password-protected. However, the list of the 25 awardees and a brief statement about them, including me, is freely accessible.

A big part of this honor has to do with the fact that I am, as the magazine notes, the only full-time educator among the 25. (There are a few other academics, such as Blackford Middleton and Chris Longhurst.) I am delighted that the award committee chose to recognize the value of informatics education as an important part of clinical informatics.

This is actually not my only recent appearance on a "top" list. A blog called HealthTechTopia named me among the Top 10 Most Influential Informatics Professors.

No comments:

Post a Comment