Sunday, November 4, 2012

Selected Again to the Clinical Informatics All-Star Team


For the third time in the three years of the award, I have been selected among the Top 25 Clinical Informaticists by Modern Healthcare magazine. It is quite an honor to be selected among this group, and to be called out for my contributions to the field. The Modern Healthcare web site has a number of pages, some of which require a subscription. The pages include:
It is very fitting that this award be announced right as I am scheduled to kick off the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) 2012 Annual Symposium, for which I served as Scientific Program Committee Chair. This is the 27th consecutive fall for me to attend this meeting (sometimes under the guise of SCAMC or MEDINFO). The meeting also has special significance for me this year in addition because it is taking place in my home town of Chicago. A nice interview of me about the conference was prepared at the beginning of the event.

An additional contribution I will be making to the field will be announced at the meeting, as AMIA lets is be known that I will be serving as Director of the Clinical Informatics Subspecialty Board Review course. (More on that in a coming post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment