Thursday, April 9, 2015

Accolades for the Informatics Professor: Leadership Award at HIMSS and Other Notables

Time for one of my periodic postings on accolades for the Informatics Professor. Probably the major one concerns next week's Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) conference, where I will be receiving the HIMSS Physician IT Leadership Award. I am honored to receive this award and to be among so many other special award winners. Others have also picked up on the award, including MedTech Boston and HITECH Answers.

The HIMSS Award is not my only recent accolade. I was quoted in a story in the Portland Business Journal about the role of our program in the IBM-Epic bid to replace the Department of Defense military electronic health record system.

I also gave a Future Talk at New Relic, Inc., a Portland-based software analytics company on March 9, 2015. Entitled, Big Data in Healthcare and Biomedicine: Opportunities and Challenges, the talk, with links to my slides and a video, was written up in their company blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment