Monday, December 28, 2020

Kudos for the Informatics Professor - Summer/Fall 2020 Update

You might not know it from the presence of the COVID-19 pandemic, but I was quite busy and productive since being relegated to virtual work since mid-March of 2020. In the last of my periodic kudos postings, I described all of what I accomplished in the first half of 2020, some of which took place during the early dark days of the pandemic. In the rest of 2020, I have published a number of scientific papers and book chapters as well as given a number of talks, some in distant places, albeit virtually.

Here is a list of papers published in the latter half of 2020:
I also published a number of book chapters in the second part of this year (in addition to my own book, and stay tuned for some chapters in other books coming in the near future):
Here is a list of talks given since my last kudos posting:
As noted earlier this year, I was elected President of the International Academy of Health Sciences Informatics (aka, The Academy). Since then, OHSU featured a posting about it and I had a chance to represent the Academy in a panel with the World Health Organization and its Director General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. The panel took place on December 16, 2020 and was entitled, Digital Health during COVID-19: Opportunities and Challenges. One of the topics I spoke on was the need for training and competence in informatics for both informatics as well as healthcare professionals.
 
As the pandemic relegated our educational program recruitment to virtual form, I had the opportunity to be featured with other faculty and students in promotional videos for our informatics educational programs:

I am pleased that 2020 turned out to be an academically productive year for me, but I am more than eager to return to normal living as vaccination and herd immunity are achieved for COVID-19 in 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment