Sunday, December 16, 2018

Kudos for the Informatics Professor - Fall 2018 Update

I had a busy summer and fall of 2018, with a number of talks and publications.

In September, I had the opportunity to be interviewed by The Jefferson Exchange, which is part of Jefferson Public Radio in southern Oregon (direct link to MP3 of interview).

I was also featured for the work I have contributed for over 10 years in partnership with the Emergency Medicine Informatics Section of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) to deliver a version of the 10x10 course. It was another successful year in general for the 10x10 course, with a total of 2517 people having completed the OHSU offering since 2005.

I was very busy at this year's American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA) Annual Symposium. I was among the 130 people inducted in the inaugural class of Fellows of AMIA (FAMIA). I also had a chance to describe our educational program at the Learning Showcase. In addition, I participated in a panel with three other academic colleagues entitled, Collaborative Science Within Academic Medical Centers: Opportunities and Challenges for Informatics.

I also had the opportunity to present OHSU Department of Medicine Grand Rounds on December 11, 2018, delivering the topic, Update in Clinical Informatics: Machine Learning, Interoperability, and Professional Opportunities (video and slides available).

Earlier in the year, I joined colleague Robert Hoyt, MD as a Co-Editor of the textbook, Health Informatics: Practical Guide (7th Edition), which is available both in print and eBook formats. The book is also available for the Amazon Kindle, as are other books of mine.

Also during this time period, I published a paper in the new AMIA journal, JAMIA Open.

No comments:

Post a Comment